Physical Design Engineer
- 5-10 years
Role and responsibility:
- Ability to execute block level P&R and Timing closure activities.
- Will be responsible for owning up block level P&R.
- Perform Netlist2GDS on blocks
- Implementation of multimillion gate SoC designs in cutting edge process
technologies (28nm,16nm,14nm & below ).
- Strong Hands-on expertise on any of the aspects of physical design
including Synthesis, Floor Planning, Power Plan, Integrated Package and
Floorplan design, Place and Route, Clock Planning and Clock Tree Synthesis,
complex analog IP integration, Parasitic Extraction, Timing Closure, Power / IR
Drop (Static and Dynamic), Signal Integrity Analysis, Physical Verification (DRC,
ERC, LVS), DFM and DFY and Tapeout.
- Expertise in analyzing and converging on crosstalk delay, noise glitch, and
electrical rules in deepsub micron processes required. Understanding of process
variation effects, and experience in variations analysis/modeling techniques and
convergence mechanism would be a plus.
- Expertise in Synopsys ICC2, PrimeTime physical design tools.
- Skill and experience in scripting using Tcl or Perl is highly desirable
- BE/BTech, ME/MTech ( VLSI Domain Mandatory)