- 3-10 Years
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Design and development for FPGA and FPGA-based SoCs used in new electronic products
ranging from simple hardware solutions to highly complex embedded processing systems.
- Develop detailed specifications based on requirements and implement FPGA designs in
accordance with those defined requirements and/or specifications.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to evaluate possible alternatives during
the development process and determine best approach based on performance, cost, and
- Perform implementation activities including timing analysis, behavioural, and functional
- Prepare the Validation plan, quickly come up with C-Sequences required for validation tests
- Worked on Xilinx Cores such DDR4/LPDDR4/PCIE/USB/Ethernet IP cores, Understands the
Xilinx Firmware Cores.
- Debug using the Chip scope /Protocol aware Logic Analyser/high speed probes.
- Collaborate with verification team as needed to complete verification of FPGA designs.
- Participate in the bring-up of new, custom FPGA-based hardware with support from
- Support hardware development through schematic design and in some cases PCB layout.
- Document ideas, designs, specifications, and instructions to Enercon’s standards.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering staff to promote design team abilities and
establish good working practices.
- Demonstrated skill in developing original designs with Verilog for FPGAs and/or FPGA-based
- Strong understanding of FPGA design and architectural concepts as well as the integration
with both hardware and software.
- Specific experience with common FPGA platforms such as Xilinx. Experience with Xilinx
family of SoCs and associated interfaces (AXI4 bus, High speed transceivers, PCIe, DDR etc.)
- Strong understanding of tools and methodologies used in the context of FPGA development
- Working knowledge of hardware development including schematic and PCB layout tools.
- Demonstrated skill in independently using electronics lab equipment to troubleshoot
- Be able to work with a minimum supervision and follow established design procedures
during the development cycle.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work between multiple
departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
Educational & Other Requirements
- A 4-year degree or equivalent experience in ECE Engineering or a related engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of FPGA development or equivalent experience.
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the principles involved
- Other important qualities include a good academic background and the ability and
enthusiasm to explore, and work in, new areas